lunes, 31 de julio de 2017

Dear Beatles: thank you.

I've always loved The Beatles. My parents liked them and my brother became obsessed with them at a very young age so I started listening to them. They were catchy.
I remember the first song I loved was “Twist and shout “, when I was like 9. And I used to sing it out loud and dance like no one was watching. It made me happy.

I started listening to others, I discovered “Let it be” and how beautiful it was to just leave life take its own course. I heard “Something” and I decided it was the most romantic song ever, and that the day that someone felt that way about me, he would be the one. With “Eleanor Rigby” and “While my guitar gently weeps” I understood the term hauntingly beautiful at the fullest.
When illnesses of diverse type approach to my life, I listened to “Blackbird” and as a lullaby, it made me sleep in a way that I could forget my physical pain, my psychological struggle, the captivity I felt in life. I felt free, and I started seeing the beauty in the “broken wings”.

When depression made me felt absolutely uncertain about the future and I couldn’t manage to face a better tomorrow, I closed my eyes and listened to “Here comes the sun”, and I felt it would be better. That the sun would come, and that it’ll be alright. Eventually everything would be alright.
When I felt good and I was okay with the idea of life beyond my control, I played “Across the universe”, and I went with the flow.

In those deepest, darkest moments, I would think about how I would love to have “In my life” to be my song in my funeral. Then, I remember I needed to be alive because someday, I hope to be the greatest mom alive to girl who will be named Lucía, and I would sing to her “Lucy in the sky with diamonds”. Every time I hear it since the moment, I get chills and something in my body tells me “You have to be here so you can sing to Lucy her lullaby”.
With “If I fell” and “Hide your love away”, I was able to believe in love, real, pure, problematic love after my father left my house.
"Golden Slumbers/ Carry that Weight/ The end" was the first song I hear before I was diagnosed with chronical depression, and as I cried my eyes out as I saw that my life plans had been altered for ever, I understood it could be faced with grace, love, dignity and acceptance. And that everything, as always, was going to be alright. 

“With a little help from my friends” made me realize that even though I’m a loner and tend to isolate, I’ve got to thank those real ones who’ve stuck with me through thick and thin.
And even if it was in their post Beatles times, “Imagine” is the absolute song to anyone who’s lost faith in humanity. And “Maybe I’m amazed” or “My valentine” convince me every time I play them that true love exists and it’s out there.
Today I went to a tribute band concert. And I sang them all. I cried. I laughed. I reconnected with myself. After a horrid week of many physical symptoms of arthritis and way too much suicide ideation and tears, I felt alive. And which each song, I could be reminded of what it meant. Of the good. Of the bad. Of the fact that I was still alive, there, listening to those beautiful melodies. And I understood that The fab four, those boys from Liverpool with funny haircuts, have saved my life. Have made it better. Have given me reason to keep on living and fighting… Thanks to them I have hopes, dreams, plans. I believe in love again and my diseases don’t seem so bad.

Thank you John, Paul, George and Ringo (My fave ♡) for all. I’ll be in debt with you for ever. You not only changed my life. You gave me life.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

El 2020: Caos, incertidumbre y cosas que no hemos perdido.

 En estos tiempos de incertidumbre, hemos podido ver que nuestra salud mental y física han sufrido bastante por distintos motivos. Esta sema...